The PROMISE Initiative was a six-county collaboration in Southern California for English Learner Success. Partners include the county offices of education for:
in partnership with:
Six school districts joined PROMISE in a three-year pilot study to bring about transformational systemic reform to meet the needs of their English Learner students.
- Baldwin Park USD (Los Angeles County)
- Escondido Union HSD (San Diego County)
- Moreno Valley USD (Riverside County)
- Oceanview Elementary SD (Ventura County)
- Saddleback Valley USD (Orange County)
- San Bernardino City USD (San Bernardino County)
The goal of the PROMISE Initiative, in response to the vast needs represented by English Learners in Southern California, was to marshal the expertise and resources of the six counties by developing a powerful infrastructure for conducting research and development, building capacity, and providing high-quality sustained support to schools, teachers, and providers.